Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This Android 4.1.2 XXLSJ tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is a pre-release test firmware leaked online, not an official update or full firmware by Samsung.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 I9100XXLSJ for Galaxy S2 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
Step 3 - Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy S2 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ or ‘HOME’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S II has now been updated to Android 4.1.2 build XXLSJ software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify what build have you installed.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!