- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number GT-I9100. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Download ReVolt JB 2.6 ROM (ReVolt_JB_2.6_I9100.zip, md5sum: 4bb53fe79b5a269421335779f09d2b33)
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Copy the ReVolt JB 2.6 ZIP file into your phone’s internal SD card.
- Turn off your Galaxy S2.
your phone to ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding down the
Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons together until the recovery boots.
- NOTE: You can use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to select an item or option in Recovery Mode.
- Create NANDroid backup of your current ROM by going to Backup and Restore and then select Backup.
- Go back to main menu and perform a full wipe:
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Select Wipe cache partition and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Go back to the main menu and select Advanced. From there, select Wipe Dalvik cache and confirm the action on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Install ZIP from SD card.
- Select Choose ZIP from SD card, then locate and select the ROM ZIP file. You then need to confirm the installation on the next screen.
- Return to the main menu and select Reboot system now to restart your phone.